1. Black gloves may be worn with all authorized Navy outerwear during inclement weather.
2. For male and females, socks color shall match service shoes, except khaki socks shall be worn with brown shoes. For females, when wearing slacks with dress or formal shoes (pumps or flat), hosiery is optional. When wearing slacks with service shoes (oxford), socks are required. When wearing skirts, hosiery is optional, and wear a slip if the skirt worn is unlined. Hosiery when worn will be flesh tone. When not wearing hosiery, no-show socks or foot liners will be worn for hygiene purposes and to minimize foot abrasions and blisters.
3. Navy black Relax Fit Jacket (55/45% Poly/Wool with stand-up knit collar and knit cuffs/bottom) is authorized for wear in lieu of the Service Dress Blue coat. The black V-Neck sweater is an optional item which may be worn with this combination. The black relax fit jacket is authorized for daily wear to and from work, in public places and for attending working level meetings/briefings, but is not authorized for ceremonies, high level meetings/briefings, or when conducting business on Capitol Hill. The navy blue Garrison cap may be worn optionally when the navy black relax fit jacket and/or black V-Neck sweater is worn in lieu of the Service Dress Blue coat.
4. Navy black V-Neck sweater is authorized for wear in lieu of the Service Dress Blue coat. The sweater is authorized for daily wear to and from work, in public places and for attending working level meetings/briefings, but is not authorized for ceremonies, high level meetings/briefings, or when conducting business on Capitol Hill. The only outer garments authorized when wearing the Sweater are those outer garments authorized with the basic uniform. The navy blue garrison cap may be worn optionally when the black V-Neck sweater is worn in lieu of the Service Dress Blue coat.
5. Must be uniform throughout the Command.
6. Cuff links and studs are worn on women's new pleated style formal white shirt.
7. The wearing of Navy head gear with Working Coveralls is optional. When doing so in a designated covered area, salutes are required to be rendered. Head gear worn with Working Coveralls will be per current Navy uniform policy guidelines.
8. The Knit Watch Cap is worn with the following outerwear only: Reefer, Overcoat/Bridge Coat, Peacoat, All Weather Coat, Cold Weather Parka and NWU Parka.
9. Commencing 1 October 2018, the black cold weather parka transitions to standard navy outerwear worn with Service and Service Dress uniforms. The Navy Weather Coat, Peacoat and Reefer will be optional outerwear garments worn with uniforms per current Uniform Policy guidelines. The single breasted all weather coat is authorized for wear until 30 April 2021.
10. The logo on the Navy sweat shirt and pant is silver reflective lettering. The current designed sweat pant and shirt with official US Navy Seal with the Bald Eagle clutching a horizontal fouled Anchor surrounded by chain links in silver and gold and “NAVY” letters in gold and silver centered on the back are authorized for wear as long as they are serviceable.