Foreign language proficiency, regional expertise, and cultural capabilities are critical competencies essential to DoD and Navy operations. Navy's language, regional expertise, and culture (LREC) program is part of a DoD-wide program, and managed to maximize LREC capabilities through recruitment and accession policies, skill development, maintenance, enhancement, employment, and incentivizing of skills aligned to mission needs.
Navy LREC Office
Navy's LREC Office (OPNAV N13F) enhances these skills across the Fleet by:
- Building sufficient LREC capacity to meet mission needs.
- Aligning LREC capabilities with operational requirements.
- Maximizing opportunities at existing education and training structures, leveraging ethnic diversity, rewarding language proficiency.
- Developing agile, responsive LREC plans and policies to deliver the best return of investment.
- LREC Training and Education
- Foreign Area Officer (FAO) Community Professional Development
- Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB) Program Management
- Indo-Pacific Cadre (IPAC) Program (formerly known as Asia-Pacific (APAC) Hands)
- International Cooperative Administrative Support System (ICASS) Administration
- Personnel Exchange Program (PEP) Management
Have a question?
Email us at ALTN_N13F1@navy.mil