PERS-4013 is separated into three distinct branches – placement support, rating support, and distribution support.
PERS-4013, Enlisted Placement Management, acts as the Manning Control Authority (MCA) for the Chief of Naval Personnel (CNP). PERS-4013 represents individual commands as their advocate for enlisted personnel distribution. PERS-4013 performs a variety of services for commands and can provide MyNavy Assignment (MNA) and Enlisted Distribution Process training opportunities for commands via VTC/TELCON/MS TEAMS. In-person training opportunities are also available for commands visiting Millington, TN, or who are willing to fund their Placement Coordinator to travel to their command (subject to PERS-40 approval). Requests for MNA training should be coordinated via your Activity Manager (AMM) with your PERS-4013 Placement Coordinator.
Some of the work performed in Enlisted Placement Management:
- Review of command manning to identify current or future issues, provide possible solutions to the issues, where possible
- Work with commands to ensure Sailor to billet alignments are as correct as possible in order to generate the best distribution demand signal
- MNA Access Authorization for ISIC, TYCOM, Manning Control-Readiness and Manning Control Authority Roles
- Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) Management
- Enlisted Distribution and Verification Process (EDVP) oversight and assistance for commands
- Personnel Manning Action Request (PMAR) review and adjudication
- Personnel Manning Report (PERSMAR)
- MNA Procedures and Business Rules update and modification with involvement from the Fleet Readiness Integrators (FRI)
- Requisition Prioritization and Advertisement for Sailor application, in accordance with available inventory as well as FRI input and direction
- Support for various Warfare Enterprises (SWE, NAE, etc)
- Analyze rating health and seek methods to improve enlisted distributable manning from a sea and shore readiness standpoint
- Evaluate personnel assignment actions to ensure the right Sailor was detailed to the right job at the right time to maximum extent possible
- Conduct Battle Group and Amphibious Readiness Group workshops based on FFC and PACFLT inputs
- Functional owner of the MNA system
Point of contacts:
Aviation (including CVNs) Commands: 874-4585
Surface (Ships, non-CVNs) Commands: 874-4497
Shore Commands: 874-4381
Submariner Commands: 874-4348
Master-At-Arms, Corpsman, Seabees,
and Special Warfare: 874-4479
Analyze rating health (near term, 0-12 months) and work to improve enlisted distributable manning from a sea/shore readiness viewpoint.
Set MNA based on manning priorities according to Fleet Readiness Integrator (FRI) strategic priorities.
Evaluate personnel assignment actions (PCS orders and directed manning actions) to ensure the right person was detailed to the right job at the right time.
Responsible for the award/removal/correction of NECs outside of the Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Reporting System (CeTARS) for all Active, TAR, and SELRES personnel.
Responsible for the review/development of current and future systems to improve detailing and placement processes.