The mission of the Navy Uniform Matters Office is to maintain and interpret the Navy Uniform Regulations, monitor implementation of uniform policy, and serve as the administrative support to the Navy Uniform Board.
"Ask the Chiefs" forum is to facilitate obtaining more precise fleet feedback on uniform policies and to provide guidance to the fleet.
To address your uniform inquiry, please click the following link "Ask the Chiefs" to email us.
- If you are having problems obtaining your uniform components either in store or online, the Navy Exchange (NEX) has created a "We Care Inbox" intended for Sailors to report uniform availability concerns and to obtain a solution. The email address is WeCare@NEX.ORG. Use the email address or view here for information requested for the NEX Customer Service Representatives to assist you.
- In response to Fleet Feedback, the Uniform Matters Office and the NEX have identified a secondary vender for Command's purchase of Unit Identification Markings (UIMs). This information will be updated in a future Summary Of Change to the Uniform Regulations. Click Here to view the two options to order.
- Outerwear Fact sheet. A quick reference guide of all authorized outer garments and accessories that can be worn with each uniform, view Outerwear Fact sheet.
- Single Breasted All Weather Coat. The original sundown date for the single breasted all weather coat of 1 October 2020, is extended to April 30, 2021, to align with the mandatory possession and wear date of the black cold weather parka (CWP).
*COVID-19 Uniform Policy Alerts*
- 22 June 21: NAVADMIN 134/21. Effective immediately, NAVADMIN 073/20 is cancelled and the authority granted to commanding officers to optionally relax hair grooming standards is rescinded. All Sailors are to return to hair grooming standards as promulgated in U.S. Navy Uniform Regulations.
- 14 May 21: NAVADMIN 095/21. Mask wear for fully immunized personnel (two weeks beyond final dose) is no longer required indoors or outdoors at DoD facilities. Immunized personnel should continue to comply with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance regarding areas where masks should be worn. Unimmunized personnel will continue to comply with the provisions of NAVADMIN 059/21.
- 10 March 21: NAVADMIN 059/21. This NAVADMIN implements Executive Order 13991 and requires strict compliance with CDC guidance regarding wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures by all on-duty or on-site federal employees or contractors and all persons in federal buildings or on federal lands in order to halt the spread of COVID-19.
- Policy Alert 4 November 20: NAVADMIN 298/20. Face coverings with an exhaust valve and bandannas are prohibited. These type of face coverings do not entrain moisture in exhaled breath, failing to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus and failing to protect other personnel. Commands may issue local guidance authorizing use of multi-layer neck gaiters meeting NAVADMIN 194/20 and all safety requirements where a separate ear strap or neck strap face covering is not suitable for the operational environment. The face covering NSN list has been updated as of 1 March 21.
- Policy Alert 8 Jul 20: NAVADMIN 194/20. Click HERE to view the face covering guidance infographic.
- Policy Alert 5 Apr 20: NAVADMIN 100/20. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has issued guidance on how to easily make home-made cloth face coverings, which can be accessed HERE.