The Mission of the Performance Evaluations Branch is to support the Navy’s objectives of selecting and detailing only the best and most fully qualified individuals to positions of increased trust and responsibility. This branch ensures that the performance portion of the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) is accurate and up-to-date.
To achieve this objective, enlisted performance evaluations and officer fitness reports are examined, corrected, supplemented, amended, removed and added to the Master Data File as directed by the Secretary of the Navy.
URGENT FITREP NOTES
1. COVID-19 update for signatures. PERS-32 is receiving a high number of reports with the Signature of Reporting Senior and Signature of individual evaluated not IAW BUPERSINST 1610.10E (CH-1), page 1-26 and 1-27 and thereby increasing our rejection rate. Currently all requirements in BUPERINST 1610.10E remain in effect, but if you can't obtain the signature of member, rater or senior rater, follow guidance of Chapter 14 (Signatures). Reports missing the reporting senior's signature, will be rejected. Computer generated signatures do meet the intent of “use black or blue-black ink”. The guidance for signatures stated below:
2. EVAL BLOCK 50 and FITREP/CHIEFEVAL BLOCK 45 (SIGNATURE OF REPORTING SENIOR)
The reporting senior whose name appears in block 22 must sign all reports. By direction, for, acting, ghosted, stamped, or facsimile signatures are not allowed. Use black or blue-black ink.
3. EVAL BLOCK 51 and FITREP/CHIEFEVAL BLOCK 46 (SIGNATURE OF INDIVIDUAL EVALUATED)
After reviewing the report, the members will check the box indicating their intention to submit or not to submit a statement and sign and date all copies. Use black or blue-black ink.
4. Navy Wide EVAL/FITREP Reject Rate Trending Higher (Please view details in Rejected Reports Trends).
PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM (Policy Changes)
- NAVADMIN 137/20
NAVY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (CH-1)
- NAVADMIN 279/19
PUBLICATION OF BUPERSINST 1610.10E (EVALMAN)
- NAVADMIN 312/18
ADVANCEMENT POLICY UPDATE - Reporting seniors shall incorporate their post summary group (PSG) RSCA score for E-5 and E-6 reports into evaluation Block 43, as a required admin comment, beginning the date of release of this NAVADMIN. RSCA shall be listed as the last line of the comment section.
- NAVADMIN 157/17
ACTIVE COMPONENT LIMITED DUTY OFFICER AND CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER FITNESS REPORT OFFICER SUMMARY GROUPS
- NAVADMIN 218/16
Current BUPERS 1610.10D Chapter 1 para 1-3 requires the use of grade/rate in BLK 2 for enlisted personnel. Until Further guidance is issued regarding the NAVY ENLISTED RATING MODERNIZATION and NAVFIT 98A is updated, we are still required to prepare performance reports IAW current directive.
- NAVADMIN 071/20
PHYSICAL READINESS POLICY UPDATE (COVID-19)
- NAVADMIN 304/17
PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM POLICY CHANGE
- NAVADMIN 061/16
PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM POLICY CHANGES UPDATE 2: EVALUATION POLICY
- NAVADMIN 233/15
PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM POLICY CHANGES UPDATE 1: ENLISTED POLICIES AND REQUIREMENT FOR SPECIAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS
|NAVFIT98A Program/(HELP) Reference Documents
- NAVFIT98A CONNECTIVITY ISSUES (URGENT!)
“NMCI is pushing a new program load to NMCI machines that are reimaged or are a new seat on the system. The new push removes the 2007 Office System Driver, causing the NAVFIT98 program not to work. We are working to resolve this issue but the immediate fix is to contact NMCI and request they load the driver back to your NMCI machine. The driver cannot be loaded to a personal computer. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Joe Hall at 901-874-4982 or Mr. D’Laurence Neely at 901-874-4882 for information on NAVFIT98.”
- NAVFIT98A - 2007 Office System Driver
Microsoft removed the 2007 Office System Driver allowing upload on home computers and not providing a new version for future use. For users accessing NMCI computers the Driver is a part of the NAVFIT98 install. Please ensure you are using the current version of ADOBE and IE11 when accessing NAVFIT98. If using a home computer that is not CAC enabled and not loaded with the current security boost from NMCI the program will not work, as the amount of PII within the evaluation report does not support home use on a regular home computer.
- NAVFIT98A VERSION 30 PROGRAM
USER GUIDE MANUAL
- NAVFIT98A - VERSION 30 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- NAVFIT98A - Download Version 126.96.36.199
"Recommend that Installation Instructions and Version 30 Users Guide Manual be downloaded and READ before the Installation of NAVFIT98A Download Version 188.8.131.52"
- NAVFIT98A - VERSION 30 Trouble Shooting Guide
- NAVFIT98A - Frequently Asked Technical Support
- NAVFIT98A - BLK41-43 Template