The Mission of the Performance Evaluations Branch is to support the Navy’s objectives of selecting and detailing only the best and most fully qualified individuals to positions of increased trust and responsibility. This branch ensures that the performance portion of the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) is accurate and up-to-date.
To achieve this objective, enlisted performance evaluations and officer fitness reports are examined, corrected, supplemented, amended, removed and added to the Master Data File as directed by the Secretary of the Navy.
URGENT FITREP NOTES!!
1. eNavFit is the Navy’s new interface for conducting evaluations and fitness reports. As a replacement for NAVFIT98A, eNavFit is the initial step in transforming the Navy’s performance evaluation process and serves as a bridge to future improvements. (For complete information click here eNavFit.)
2. Requirement for Special Adverse Evaluation/Fitness report for COVID-19 vaccination refusal or denied exemption. (Please read NAVADMIN 256/21)
3. COVID-19 update for signatures. PERS-32 is receiving a high number of reports with the Signature of Reporting Senior and Signature of individual evaluated not IAW BUPERSINST 1610.10F CH-1, page 1-24 and 1-25 and thereby increasing our rejection rate. Currently all requirements in BUPERINST 1610.10F CH-1 remain in effect, but if you can't obtain the signature of member, rater or senior rater, follow guidance of Chapter 14 (Signatures). Reports missing the reporting senior's signature, will be rejected. Computer generated signatures do not meet the intent of “use black or blue-black ink”. The guidance for signatures stated below:
4. EVAL BLOCK 50 and FITREP/CHIEFEVAL BLOCK 45 (SIGNATURE OF REPORTING SENIOR)
The reporting senior whose name appears in block 22 must sign all reports. By direction, for, acting, ghosted, stamped, or facsimile signatures are not allowed. Use black or blue-black ink.
5. EVAL BLOCK 51 and FITREP/CHIEFEVAL BLOCK 46 (SIGNATURE OF INDIVIDUAL EVALUATED)
After reviewing the report, the members will check the box indicating their intention to submit or not to submit a statement and sign and date all copies. Use black or blue-black ink.
6. Navy Wide EVAL/FITREP Reject Rate Trending Higher (Please view details in Rejected Reports Trends).