Navy Language Awards Program
Congratulations to the winners of the FY21 Navy Foreign Language Awards, announced in NAVADMIN 148/22!
- Command Language Program of the Year: Navy Information Operations Command Georgia (NIOC GA)
- Shannon M. Kent Award for Language Professional Excellence: CTI1(IW) Theamichaela Coyle, Information Warfare Training Command, Monterey CA
- Senior Language Professional of the Year: CTIC(IW) Krystina Marshall, Cyber Strike Activity SIXTY THREE
- Officer Language Professional of the Year: CDR Arthur Fong, NR INDOPACOM J3 PHH
- Linguist of the Year: AM1(AW) Constantin Cazac, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
As winners of the Shannon M. Kent Award for Language Professional Excellence and Command Language Program of the Year, CTI1 Coyle and NIOC GA will go on to compete at the Department of Defense level. A joint-Service panel of senior enlisted leaders will select the FY21 DoD Language Professional and Language Program of the Year winners who will be recognized at the Advanced Command Language Program Manager Workshop, 23-25 August 2022.
For FY22 nominations, review OPNAVINST 5400.46A.
Foreign Language Testing
The Center for Information Warfare Training has announced the restoration of testing under the Navy Defense Foreign Language Testing Program (N-DFLTP) in the following locations. Click on each hyperlink for more information.
Navy Strategic Language List and Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus Guidance
To request copies of the Navy Strategic Language List (SLL) and Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB) Guidance, email us at ALTN_N13F1@navy.mil. Please make sure to use your official (.mil or .gov) email address and digitally sign your email.
Find Us On Facebook