An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Frequently Asked Questions

I received a debt advisory letter from MNCC that lists an overpayment based on a recalculation of my total active duty time. What does this mean?
Please review the specific information listed here for answers to this process. In addition, the infographic provided here gives supplemental information about the waiver process.

Where can I find general information regarding selection boards?
You may visit NPC's Selection Board page for the most recent information available.
How can I make an online appointment for a new or replacement ID card?
Appointments can be made online at 
I have questions about the Incapacitated Dependent Program.  Where can I find information?
Information about the Incapacitated Dependent Program as well as a point-of-contact phone number can be found at
How do I find the nearest ID card office/lab?
The RAPIDS website,, provides the nearest ID card office/lab based upon location information you provide.
Who do I call for questions regarding former spouses?
You may contact the Navy Former Spouse Protection Act Coordinator at (901) 874-3362. You can also visit NPC’s Navy Former Spouse website at
How do I find out if I'm eligible to transfer my Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to a family member or if I have other general questions about benefits?
GI Bill transferability as well as general questions may be answered by viewing the Post 9/11 BI Bill video series at
Where do I go to transfer my Post 9/11 benefit to a family member?
The transfer of Post 9/11 benefits is accomplished at the milConnect website, 
How can I obtain a copy of my OMPF or individual documents such as the DD 214?
 A1.  The OMPF/document(s) of veterans separated, retired or deceased on or before 31 Dec 94 may be obtained by submitting Standard Form 180 (SF 180).  Go to  Complete the SF 180 and forward it via mail or fax to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138, (314) 801-9195.
A2. The OMPF/document(s) of veterans separated, retired or deceased on or before 31 Dec 94 may be obtained by submitting an online record request via the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) at 
A3.  Those currently serving may obtain a copy of their OMPF/document(s) online or in CD format at (CAC required)
A4.  Those currently serving may also obtain their OMPF via eBenefits at
A5.  The OMPF/document(s) of personnel currently serving or were separated or retired on or after 1 Jan 95 may be obtained by submitting form SF-180 which can be found at The form may be forwarded to Navy Personnel Command at the address on the form.
A6.  The OMPF/document(s) of personnel who were separated or retired on or after 1 Jan 95 may also be obtained by registering/logging on to eBenefits at 
What is the National Personnel Records Center's (NPRC) phone number?
NPRC may be reached toll-free at 1-866-272-6272 or (314) 801-0800.
How do I apply for a reserve retirement?
Visit Navy Personnel Command's website at Submit the applicable forms per the "Guidance for Submitting Application for Retired Pay Benefits" found on the lower portion of the webpage. 
How do I calculate my reserve monthly retired pay?
Monthly retired pay = (P)oints/360 x .025 x (B)ase Pay  (using pay scale in the year you turn 60)
Who do I contact for questions regarding performance evaluations/fitness reports?
PERS-32 may be reached at the following numbers, (901) 874-4881/4882/3313.  Click here for their FAQ.
Who do I contact for the status of an active duty officer retirement request?
PERS-835 (Officer Retirements) may be contacted by e-mail at for statuses on active duty/FTS retirements
Who do I contact for the status of an active duty enlisted retirement request?
PERS-836 (Enlisted Retirements) may be contacted by e-mail at
Who do I contact for the status of a reservist's retirement request?
The retirement request of a reservist may be obtained by calling MyNavy Career Center at 
833-330-6622 (MNCC) 
  Veterans Crisis Line - Dial 988  Safe Helpline  NCIS Tips  Sexual Assault Prevention & Response  NFAAS

Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?
Call MyNavy Career Center: 833.330.MNCC,
or 901.874.MNCC (DSN 882.6622)

Email MNCC, MNCC Chat 
Comments or Suggestions about this website?
Email the Webmaster

5720 Integrity Drive
Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
Millington, TN 38055-0000

Search This Site
This is an Official U.S. Navy Website

Site Map | FOIA | U.S. Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting
No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy
Open Government | Plain Writing Act
Veterans Safe Helpline | DoD SAPR | NETC 
Accessibility/Section 508 | Information Quality
Privacy Program | Veteran Crisis Line | VA Vet Center | FVAP