Lateral Transfer/Redesignation to AEDO (1510)
Officers interested in redesignating to the AEDO Community should visit the BUPERS-3 Transfer/Redesignation webpage for general information and procedures relative to lateral transfer/redesignation boards.
The AEDO Community Values can be found in the SECNAV Community Briefs.
Who We Are and What We Do:
- Acquisition professionals with technical and business expertise who bring recent and relevant Fleet experience and leadership, both pre- and post-Department Head, to the life-cycle of our defense systems
How We Do It:
- Provide the technical and business leadership to bridge the gap between the acquisition workforce and the Fleet ensuring the warfighter gets what they need - on time and on budget
3 Lines of Effort:
- Program Management - Complete life-cycle support for aviation products (NAVAIR, NAVWAR)
- Test & Evaluation - Developmental and Operational Test (Patuxent River, China Lake, Point Mugu)
- Fleet Support and Production - Fleet Readiness Centers (FRC), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), and Type Commanders (TYCOM)
For further information regarding the AEDO Community, please contact the AEDO Community Manager at (301)757-8480.