On average, active adverse cases take anywhere from 6-11 months to adjudicate; updates on adverse cases are available on a monthly basis via the following e-mail address: PERSemail@example.com.
PERS-834 is responsible for the review of adverse material prior to filing in an officer's permanent record to include: requests for Detachment for Cause (DFC), reports of nonjudicial punishment (NJP), final civil action reports (FCAR), reports of misconduct, and reports of court martial. As well as, requests for separation for cause and requests for qualified (unfavorable) resignations.
It is highly recommended that all commands review the following references BEFORE taking any punitive action on an officer:
* Submit all pre and post reports and/or questions to the following e-mail address: PERSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Due to PII concerns, when submitting a report via e-mail or traditional mail, please ensure your input is sanitized for PII. We are required to reject any report containing sensitive PII. At a minimum, remove the following prior to delivery to PERS-834:
- First 5 digits of the social security number
- Home addresses
- Home phone numbers
- Personal cell phone numbers
All adverse reports require a Flag endorsement with a recommendation, as well as a command point of contact.
-Request for administrative separation due to:
- Personality/adjustment disorder - The command must specify why the service member is unable to perform his/her duties as a result of the condition
- Loss of security clearance (See applicable link under References)
- 2x PFA failure - Requires two letters of notification x PFA failure - Requires two letters of notification
Note: PFA failures are based on the calendar year, not the cycle. Hence, the four year period is based on calendar days from the member's first failure (i.e. 15MAR2013 -15MAR2017)
If you have any questions that cannot be addressed with the resources provided on this webpage, contact us at: PERSemail@example.com
Adverse Officer Matters and Unfavorable Separations Section (DSN: 882-XXXX)
Action Officers COMM: (901) 874-2087/3185/2092/2088/4043
PERS-834 fax COMM: (901) 874-2625