1. Merge required documents using Adobe Pro software into as few PDFs as possible commensurate with available bandwidth. For packages requiring multiple PDFs due to size, label the documents using the Sailor’s name and part number:
For e.g. LN2 Sailor Part 1, LN2 Sailor Part 2 etc.
2. Please DO NOT mail physical packages to PERS-832. We will ONLY accept electronic packages.
3. DO NOT send official PERS-832 correspondence to the personal e-mail addresses of PERS-832 staff members.
4. PERS-832 DOES NOT ACCEPT CLASSIFIED MATERIAL UNLESS PREVIOUSLY COORDINATED WITH THE NPC SECURITY OFFICE.
5. Ensure all documents are encrypted and redacted for PII IAW BUPERSINST 5211.7A. When submitting a report via e-mail, please ensure your input is sanitized for PII. We are required to reject any report containing sensitive PII. To send encrypted emails to PERS-832, our email certification can be downloaded at GDS Query Screen by searching for PERS832ADSEPS.FCT@NAVY.MIL.
EXCEPTION: DO NOT ALTER OR REDACT ANY DD FORM-214 SERVICE COPIES.
6. If the digital file exceeds 20 MB, please submit via DoD SAFE. At a minimum, remove the following prior to delivery to PERS-832:
a. First 5 digits of the social security number
c. Home addresses
d. Home phone numbers
e. Personal cell phone numbers
f. Any and ALL third party information
NOTE: For general enlisted separation questions please contact the My Navy Career Center (MNCC) at 1-833-330-6622. For questions regarding assigning SPD codes, please contact your servicing Personnel Support Detachment (PSD).
1. Reasons for voluntary separation or conditional release requests include the following:
· Early Release to Further Education
· Being in an Alien Status
· Hardship/Dependency (Parenthood)
· Surviving Family Member
· Medical Condition Not Amounting to a Disability
· Conscientious Objector
· Sole Survivor
· Changes in Service Obligation
· Erroneous/Defective Enlistments
2. NAVADMIN 307/20 revised NAVADMIN 288/17 now allowing early separation on a case- by-case basis.
3. Service members interested in obtaining a commission or an inter-Service transfer for enlistment into another branch of Service must first request a conditional release, via their CO, using NAVPERS 1306/7 Electronic Personnel Action Request. Upon CO’s approval, forward NAVPERS 1306/7 [and DD FORM 368 if applicable] to firstname.lastname@example.org .If approved, member’s command will receive a message from PERS-832 advising member may then apply for the desired program.
Note: COs are not the approval authority for conditional releases. Only PERS-832 may approve conditional releases. In addition, Service members must not apply for a commission or inter-Service transfer in another branch of Service without the aforementioned approval by PERS-832.
Upon official notification of selection for commission or enlistment in another branch of the Military Services, Service members must request separation, via their CO, from NAVPERSCOM (PERS-832), using NAVPERS 1306/7 and including a copy of the acceptance or appointment letter and reporting requirement from the program.
INVOLUNTARY SEPARATIONS & DETACHMENT FOR CAUSE (DFC)
Involuntary Enlisted Separation packages are received, processed, and maintained for all misconduct or convenience of the government requests. Reasons for separations include the following but are not limited to:
- In Lieu of Trial by Court-Martial
- Fraudulent Entry into the Naval Service
- Erroneous Enlistment
- Minor Disciplinary Infractions
- Pattern of Misconduct
- Commission of a Serious Offense
- Civilian Conviction
- Drug Abuse
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab Failure
- Multiple DUI/DWI
- Entry Level Performance and Conduct
- Unsatisfactory Performance
- Supremacist and Extremist Conduct
- Family Advocacy Program Rehab Failure
- Fleet Reserve in Lieu of Admin Separation Processing
- Detachment for Cause (DFC)
- Separation in Lieu of Trial by Court-Martial
- Parenthood (Failure to comply with Family Care Plan)
- Medical Condition Not Amounting to a Disability
- Failure to Complete Initial Skills Training Pipeline
- Failure to Force Covert
- Separation by Reason of Best Interest of the Service (BIOTS)
To avoid unnecessary delays in processing, prior to submitting packages to PERS-832, be sure to use the ADSEP-DFC Checklist to ensure all requirements for the package are met.
DUAL PROCESSING MEMO
This memo shall be used when a member who is undergoing ADSEP processing has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), or any other mental health diagnosis in order to determine whether the condition did/did not contribute to the member's misconduct.
BOARD'S FINDING SHEET
Board's finding sheet can be accessed below on the last page.
MEDICAL RELEASE FORM
Medical Release Form (DD-2870) shall be used.
1. Ensure block 6a. reads "PERS-454"
2. Ensure block 6b. reads "5720 Integrity Drive, Millington, TN 38055-6712"
When a case package is submitted, you will receive a case number to verify receipt. If packages are incomplete or missing critical documents they will be returned without action and may need to be resubmitted in their entirety. If you do not receive a case number within 7 days, please contact email@example.com .