IAW NAVADMIN 225/21, the Chief of Naval Personnel serves as the COVID Consolidated Disposition Authority. As such, all COVID vaccine-related administrative separation packages, reports of vaccine refusals and questions for Enlisted personnel (E1-E9) shall ONLY be sent to PERS-832 via the following email address: email@example.com. Due to certain encryption issues associated with the email address, be sure to send all COVID packages and reports of vaccine refusals to firstname.lastname@example.org via DOD SAFE.
COVID ADSEP CHECKLIST AND LETTER OF TRANSMITTAL (LOT) TEMPLATES AND NAVADMINS
COVID ADSEP CHECKLIST
COVID ADMIN BOARD LOT
COVID ADMIN BOARD WAIVED LOT
COVID NO BOARD ENTITLEMENT LOT
COVID FLEET RESERVE IN LIEU OF PROCESSING LOT
COVID CONDITIONAL WAIVER IN LIEU OF ADSEP BOARD
COVID VACCINE REFUSAL NAVPERS 1070/613 (PG 13)
REPORTS OF COVID-19 VACCINE REFUSAL
For clarification of NAVADMIN 256/21 (paragraph 5.a.2), when reporting vaccine refusals to PERS-832, submit to email@example.com in the following format:
Member's rate/rank and name (e.g. YNCS Ima Sailor):
Brief descriptions of offense (e.g. COVID-19 Vaccine Refusal):
Pending promotion: (e.g. Yes or No)
Advancement status: (e.g. Frocked or Selected)
Command Point of Contact rate/rank, name, email and phone number: (e.g. YNCS Ima Sailor, Ima.firstname.lastname@example.org, (555) 555-5555; DSN: 882-5555)
Due to the influx of emails being received, pls consolidate your reports to as few emails as possible/feasible. For instance, if you are reporting for more than a single person, pls submit the mbr's info above via an excel spreadsheet or word document.
If you have already submitted the personnel for your command prior to the above info being provided, there's NO NEED to resubmit.
FOR ALL NON-COVID CASES
1. Merge required documents using Adobe Pro software into as few PDFs as possible commensurate with available bandwidth. For packages requiring multiple PDFs due to size, label the documents using the Sailor’s name and part number:
For e.g. LN2 Sailor Part 1, LN2 Sailor Part 2 etc.
2. Please DO NOT mail physical packages to PERS-832. We will ONLY accept electronic packages.
3. DO NOT send official PERS-832 correspondence to the personal e-mail addresses of PERS-832 staff members.
4. PERS-832 DOES NOT ACCEPT CLASSIFIED MATERIAL UNLESS PREVIOUSLY COORDINATED WITH THE NPC SECURITY OFFICE.
5. Ensure all documents are encrypted and redacted for PII IAW BUPERSINST 5211.7A. When submitting a report via e-mail, please ensure your input is sanitized for PII. We are required to reject any report containing sensitive PII. To send encrypted emails to PERS-832, our email certification can be downloaded at GDS Query Screen by searching for PERS832ADSEPS.FCT@NAVY.MIL.
EXCEPTION: DO NOT ALTER OR REDACT ANY DD FORM-214 SERVICE COPIES.
6. If the digital file exceeds 20 MB, please submit via DoD SAFE. At a minimum, remove the following prior to delivery to PERS-832:
a. First 5 digits of the social security number
c. Home addresses
d. Home phone numbers
e. Personal cell phone numbers
f. Any and ALL third party information
NOTE: For general enlisted separation questions please contact the My Navy Career Center (MNCC) at 1-833-330-6622. For questions regarding assigning SPD codes, please contact your servicing Personnel Support Detachment (PSD).
1. Reasons for voluntary separation or conditional release requests include the following:
· Early Release to Further Education
· Being in an Alien Status
· Hardship/Dependency (Parenthood)
· Surviving Family Member
· Medical Condition Not Amounting to a Disability
· Conscientious Objector
· Sole Survivor
· Changes in Service Obligation
· Erroneous/Defective Enlistments
2. NAVADMIN 307/20 revised NAVADMIN 288/17 now allowing early separation on a case- by-case basis.
3. Service members interested in obtaining a commission or an inter-Service transfer for enlistment into another branch of Service must first request a conditional release, via their CO, using NAVPERS 1306/7 Electronic Personnel Action Request. Upon CO’s approval, forward NAVPERS 1306/7 [and DD FORM 368 if applicable] to email@example.com .If approved, member’s command will receive a message from PERS-832 advising member may then apply for the desired program.
Note: COs are not the approval authority for conditional releases. Only PERS-832 may approve conditional releases. In addition, Service members must not apply for a commission or inter-Service transfer in another branch of Service without the aforementioned approval by PERS-832.
Upon official notification of selection for commission or enlistment in another branch of the Military Services, Service members must request separation, via their CO, from NAVPERSCOM (PERS-832), using NAVPERS 1306/7 and including a copy of the acceptance or appointment letter and reporting requirement from the program.
REPORTS OF NONJUDICIAL PUNISHMENT (NJP)
IAW MILPERSMAN 1616-040, PERS-832 only accepts reports of NJP for E-6 through E-9. Reports of NJP for E-5 and below must be sent directly to PERS-313, per MILPERSMAN 1616-050. For more information, please visit the PERS-313 webpage at https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-Management/Records-Management/Military-Personnel-Records/Misconduct-Reporting/
INVOLUNTARY SEPARATIONS & DETACHMENT FOR CAUSE (DFC)
Involuntary Enlisted Separation packages are received, processed, and maintained for all misconduct or convenience of the government requests. Reasons for separations include the following but are not limited to:
In Lieu of Trial by Court-Martial
Fraudulent Entry into the Naval Service
Minor Disciplinary Infractions
Pattern of Misconduct
Commission of a Serious Offense
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Failure
Entry Level Performance and Conduct
Supremacist and Extremist Conduct
Family Advocacy Program Rehab Failure
Fleet Reserve in Lieu of Admin Separation Processing
Detachment for Cause (DFC)
Separation in Lieu of Trial by Court-Martial
Parenthood (Failure to comply with Family Care Plan)
Medical Condition Not Amounting to a Disability
Failure to Complete Initial Skills Training Pipeline
Failure to Force Covert
Separation by Reason of Best Interest of the Service (BIOTS)
To avoid unnecessary delays in processing, prior to submitting packages to PERS-832, be sure to use the ADSEP-DFC Checklist to ensure all requirements for the package are met.
The only form that will be accepted for ADSEP processing is NAVPERS 1910-31 Rev08-19.
DUAL PROCESSING MEMO
This memo shall be used when a member who is undergoing ADSEP processing has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), or any other mental health diagnosis in order to determine whether the condition did/did not contribute to the member's misconduct.
BOARD'S FINDING SHEET
Board's finding sheet can be accessed below on the last page.
MEDICAL RELEASE FORM
Medical Release Form (DD-2870) shall be used.
1. Ensure block 6a. reads "PERS-454"
2. Ensure block 6b. reads "5720 Integrity Drive, Millington, TN 38055-6712"
When a case package is submitted, you will receive a case number to verify receipt. If packages are incomplete or missing critical documents they will be returned without action and may need to be resubmitted in their entirety. If you do not receive a case number within 7 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .