The electronic submission of military service record documents using the Electronic Submission (eSubmission) application is mandatory for Personnel Support Detachments, Personnel Offices and Navy Operational Support Centers designated in the Navy Personnel Database (NPDB) as a Pay/Personnel Unit Identification Code (PPUIC). Commands or activities not designated as PPUIC’s must forward service records to their servicing PSD/Personnel Office for submission into Sailor’s OMPF.
The eSubmission application provides greater security and protection of PII; same day submission and receipt of approved documents; expedited processing of priority documents into the OMPF; real-time status of submitted documents for the submitter, the command and the individual Sailor.
To ensure integrity of documents filed in the OMPF, the authority to e-Sub documents shall only be granted to individuals designated as Trusted Agents by Navy Personnel Command (PERS 313).
Trusted Agents (TAs) are responsible for:
- verifying the authenticity of documents prior to them being submitted.
- ensuring documents are complete and accurate during scanning, uploading, indexing and submission of the documents for inclusion into the OMPF via the e-Submission application on BOL.
- retaining the documents that were scanned and e-submitted until the document has been accepted in the OMPF.
- If the document is rejected, the TA will take appropriate action to correct and resubmit all rejected documents.
- distributing the original documents and their copies as required by specific regulatory guidance.
Request for Access
Requests must be submitted to the BOL Helpdesk per the Electronic Submission Standard Operating Procedures. And since both BOL and EMPRS are considered IT-II (Non Critical Sensitive) systems, an approved System Authorization Access Request-Navy (SAAR-N) form, (OPNAV 5239/14) is also required.
The request must be signed by the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Officer-in-Charge, or Personnel Support Detachment Directors, and shall certify that the designated Sailor/employee has made himself or herself familiar with the eSubmission SOP, and the various policies and instructions governing the documents being submitted.
Step-by-Step procedures are provided in the eSubmission SOP.