An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Career Information


Life-Work Balance
Career Intermission Program
CIP Frequently Asked Questions
Paternity Leave
Mil-to-Mil Co-location 
Discuss with your detailer early, and have your co-lo request on file! Spouse co-location assignments are fully supported by the Chief of Naval Personnel and when requested become the highest priority and main duty preference consistent with the needs of the Navy. 

The service member requesting transfer to join with his/her spouse or family member must have a minimum of one year on board his/her present command at the time of transfer. Once spouses are joined in a geographic area, the spouse with the closer PRD will be adjusted to match the further out as much as possible. 

Military couples may not be permanently assigned to the same ship or the same shipboard deployable command.  For shore assignments, the couple will not be assigned to the same reporting senior without the gaining CO's approval.  

Send your request and a copy of your spouse's request to your detailer. Requests for co-lo assignment may be submitted at any time.
Resignations are processed by PERS-834F (901-874-2084) You should also submit a copy of your resignation request to your detailer for entry into your file. 

You will submit an Unqualifed Resignation from Active Duty (ACDU) as an active component officer who will be awarded an Honorable Discharge upon separation.  

  All requests must be submitted 9-12 months prior to the desired separation date. In some instances, due to the notification time limits, officers desiring to resign may be prohibited from tendering a resignation during the slating process. To prevent this from happening, notify Pers-834F by official letter of the intent to resign at the expiration of your service obligation. This letter must reach NPC no less than 6 months prior to the first day of the month of your PRD.

Requests take an average 8-12 weeks for initial processing and an additional 4-6 weeks for routing. If your request requires any type of waiver, you may incur an additional 4 weeks to the processing time. If you have a question regarding obligated service, contact your detailer. In accordance with the Officer Transfer Manual, your detailer has the ultimate responsibility for determining obligated service.
Jobhunting/Househunting (permissive TDY) is not authorized for resignation/RADs.

All separation orders are written to complete separation processing no later than the last day of the month. You may separate on the day of your choice providing you have command approval and have completed all separation processing. You do not need to contact PERS-834F or your Detailer regarding actual date of separation. Separation orders are issued approximately 4-6 months prior to month of separation in order to allow sufficient time for household goods shipment. You do not need to contact PERS-834F if you are granted separation leave.
NPC Resignation Homepage
  Veterans Crisis Line - Dial 988  Safe Helpline  NCIS Tips  Sexual Assault Prevention & Response  NFAAS

Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?
Call MyNavy Career Center: 833.330.MNCC,
or 901.874.MNCC (DSN 882.6622)

Email MNCC, MNCC Chat 
Comments or Suggestions about this website?
Email the Webmaster

5720 Integrity Drive
Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
Millington, TN 38055-0000

Search This Site
This is an Official U.S. Navy Website

Site Map | FOIA | U.S. Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting
No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy
Open Government | Plain Writing Act
Veterans Safe Helpline | DoD SAPR | NETC 
Accessibility/Section 508 | Information Quality
Privacy Program | Veteran Crisis Line | VA Vet Center | FVAP