Details of the MGIB Increased Benefit Program (Booster) can be found in NAVADMIN 103/01 . You must enroll through your personnel office.
- Entered on active duty after 30 June 1985.
- Enrolled in MGIB at initial entry onto active duty by signing a DD Form 2366 (Montgomery GI Bill Act of 1984).
- Members who have the Navy College Fund are also eligible to contribute to the Booster Program.
You are not eligible if
- You are enrolled in MGIB because of VEAP or Vietnam-era conversion.
- You are enrolled in MGIB after a qualifying involuntary separation.
- You are enrolled in MGIB during the MGIB open period from 1 December 1988 - 30 June 1989.
You may contribute up to $600 to receive an increased MGIB monthly benefit equal to one dollar for each four dollars contributed. For example, if you contribute the maximum of $600, you will receive an additional $150 per month on top of your basic MGIB monthly benefit (for full-time enrollment off active duty). This would equal an additional $5,400 if you use your MGIB over the maximum of 36 months. If you contribute $200, your monthly increased benefit is $50 per month (an additional $1,800 over 36 months).
You must contribute while on active duty.
***IMPORTANT*** The MGIB Booster WILL NOT convert over to the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Any contributions made are non-refundable.
Visit your personnel office to check eligibility and enroll. You must make the additional contributions while on active duty. Enrollment procedures are in NAVADMIN 103/01. Officer personnel who do not have field service records should ask the personnel office to contact PERS-311 at 1-1-833-330-6622.