Shore/Sea Special Programs
Reference: MILPERSMAN 1306-994; MILPERSMAN 1306-959
***We are looking for motivated E7-E9 and exceptional E6's to become 3-M System Coordinators (3MC)***
- To request assignment, contact your detailer 15-13 months out from your PRD or submit NAVPERS 1306/7 Enlisted Personnel Action Request.
- 3MC tours offer great opportunities for assignment locations and fall into many rating career paths. Benefits include $75/month Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP) for sea duty USS and USNS commands. Normal tour length is 36 months at Sea followed by a 36 month shore tour.
- USS, NECC, PRECOM, ATG and other challenging billets are available for you to choose from.
- Pre-requisite qualifications include:
-3M 304 PQS qualified, although D3MA experience is preferred.
-No NJP or alcohol related incidents in past 3 years.
- No failed PFA's in past 2 years.
- Must have a valid security clearance.
- No performance marks below 3.0 in any trait.
- Complete NAVPERS 1306-92 and complete an oral interview with 3-M detailer.
- A secret security clearance is required for all special program assignments (sea and shore).
- Overseas screening Letter of Intent (LOI) is no longer issued to sailors. Refer to NAVADMIN 088-18.
- Spouse Collocation does not guarantee a specific geographic area. Refer to MILPERSMAN 1300-1000 in verifying your eligibility.
- Update your contact information on My Navy Assignment. Updating your contact information will enable your Detailer to communicate more effectively with you while negotiating for orders.
- Increased Distribution Authority guidance is discussed in NAVADMIN 058/14.
- When leaving a phone message for your detailer, speak clearly and slowly, and don’t forget to leave a contact number.
- Use your Career Counselors for assistance. If there are questions they cannot answer, call your detailer.
- We are a mobile force! The Navy needs flexible sailors to tackle unique challenges throughout the world. Plan on moving and changing geographical locations during your career.
- Please note that NAVADMIN 231/17 requires Detailers to fill requisitions with qualified Sailors, even if it is during a Sailor’s first window of negotiations.
Point of Contact:
MRCS Heil, 3-M Detailer, email@example.com