An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Affiliation and Ready Reserve Agreements

Affiliation and Ready Reserve Agreements

Ready Reserve Agreements are generally required whenever individuals desire affiliation or re-affiliation with the Selected Reserve or a Volunteer Training Unit. The following are the documents Recruiters should include in an individual’s Ready Reserve Agreement package.

For Direct Commission Officers (DCO), Limited Duty Officers (LDO), and Chief Warrant Officers (CWO):

1.   Ready Reserve Agreement (NAVPERS 1200/1)

2.   Oath of Office

3.   Current enlistment/immediate reenlistment.

4.   Prior service documents to ensure member has correct Pay Entry Base Date(PEBD).

For Recently Separated Officers:

1.   Ready Reserve Agreement

2.   Oath of Office (if it was required upon separation from active duty, discharge or resignation)

3.   DD Form 214 (long form)

4.   Separation Orders

For Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) or Inactive Status (S-2) Members:

1.   Ready Reserve Agreement in most cases will do, but a status check will determine if other documents are required, or if a member is eligible to drill.


Officers who previously held a commission in the Navy or Navy Reserve and have been discharged for less than three years may request an appointment/reappointment in the Navy Reserve, per MILPERSMAN 1131-40. Requests must be sent via a Navy Officer Recruiter to PERS-911C.  Due to the break in service, the member’s name must be submitted on a scroll. Scrolls are lists consisting of name, rank, and SSN, which are sent to SECDEF requesting appointment approval.  SECDEF approval generally takes 9-12 weeks.

Tips for Recruiters

Recruiters can help process packages by:

1.    Making sure the DD Form 214 is of good quality. If it is shaded, make a copy first.  Many documents received are completely black and unusable.

2.    Using the current Ready Reserve Agreement (NAVPERS 1200/1) and type the information. Don’t forget to include RUIC, RBSC, and Unit Name.

3.    Sending an advanced copy of the Oath of Office.

4.    Making sure to enter the officer in CIRIMS.

It is critical that the above documents are of the highest quality possible, as they will become part of the member’s permanent record.
  Veterans Crisis Line - Dial 988  Safe Helpline  NCIS Tips  Sexual Assault Prevention & Response  NFAAS

Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?
Call MyNavy Career Center: 833.330.MNCC,
or 901.874.MNCC (DSN 882.6622)

Email MNCC, MNCC Chat 
Comments or Suggestions about this website?
Email the Webmaster

5720 Integrity Drive
Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
Millington, TN 38055-0000

Search This Site
This is an Official U.S. Navy Website

Site Map | FOIA | U.S. Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting
No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy
Open Government | Plain Writing Act
Veterans Safe Helpline | DoD SAPR | NETC 
Accessibility/Section 508 | Information Quality
Privacy Program | Veteran Crisis Line | VA Vet Center | FVAP