Notes from the OS Detailing Team:
- Sailors on arduous sea duty (TYPE 2 and 4) can expect their transfer date to be delayed up to SIX MONTHS or when a relief is identified, whichever is SHORTER (any extension beyond six months requires an OPHOLD request to PERS).
- ORDERS NEGOTIATION. The orders negotiation window is defined as the 12 to 7 month period prior to the first day of a Sailor's PRD month. If you are less than 7 months from PRD, you must contact your detailer directly to negotiate for orders.
- Only OPEN billets may be applied for. VIEW ONLY billets are closed and not available for application. Sailors may only apply for orders that are available in My Navy Assignment (MNA). The advertised billets are the highest priority billets.
- Sea special programs (PRECOM) are critical fill, and Sailors may be directed into these billets to meet Navy manning requirements. PRECOM billets are no longer volunteer only.
- RDC and specific Recruiting Duty districts allow Sailors back to back shore or to waive follow-on sea tour time. Talk to your NC for details.
OS Rating Lead / E7-E9
OS E-5 PAC / E1-E4 / PACT
OS E-5 LANT/OS Schools
OS Detailer DISTRO