An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Ordering & Reviewing Your OMPF

It is never too early to review your OMPF, however, begin at least 6 months before you are eligible for Selection Board review.

Active Duty USN and USN Drilling Reserve

Active duty USN and USNR drilling Reservist should use OMPF - My Record to view/get copies of their OMPF record.

Non-Drilling and Former Members (after 1995)

Non-drilling Reservists, former members (separated or discharged after 1995), and those without access to BOL, must mail or fax their written request.  Ensure you include your name, signature, rank, SSN, and the mailing address where you would like your request to be sent.

Additionally, former members (separated or discharged after 1995) can also access their OMPF online via eBenefits or milConnect (additional login requirements and instructions can be found on their respective sites).


Submitting Requests

Submit your request to the following:
NPC is the custodian of the OMPF only - a personnel file. The OMPF does not contain medical or dental records. All requests for medical or dental records submitted to NPC will be discarded without notification. For assisting guidelines in requesting medical records, please see the bottom of this page.
Due to Privacy Act concerns, we do not honor requests without a signature.  NPC does not accept telephone or email requests.

Navy Personnel Command
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington TN 38055


Veterans (Retired or Separated) (1995 and Prior)

See our helpful link on How to Locate Navy Records (Personnel and Medical).

Requesting Records from NPRC

If the records are located at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) St. Louis, Missouri, there are several options to request records or proof of service (DD-214).  See NPRC’s website on “How to Request Military Service Records or Prove Military Service
  • Use the eVetRecs request system
  • Mail or Fax Standard Form SF-180  (The SF 180 from this website is an Adobe .PDF file.  To view and print this file, obtain the free Adobe Acrobat reader if you don’t have it)
To reduce time delay, the Veteran or their next of kin (if the veteran is deceased) should use the eVetRecs request system.

Questions related to NRPC website:  See NPRC FAQ's.


Medical Outpatient and Dental Treatment Record

For copies and disposition of Service Treatment Records (STRs):
  Veterans Crisis Line - Dial 988  Safe Helpline  NCIS Tips  Sexual Assault Prevention & Response  NFAAS

Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?
Call MyNavy Career Center: 833.330.MNCC,
or 901.874.MNCC (DSN 882.6622)

Email MNCC, MNCC Chat 
Comments or Suggestions about this website?
Email the Webmaster

5720 Integrity Drive
Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
Millington, TN 38055-0000

Search This Site
This is an Official U.S. Navy Website

Site Map | FOIA | U.S. Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting
No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy
Open Government | Plain Writing Act
Veterans Safe Helpline | DoD SAPR | NETC 
Accessibility/Section 508 | Information Quality
Privacy Program | Veteran Crisis Line | VA Vet Center | FVAP